Tuesday, September 14, 2010

baby leggins


or pants, whatever you want to call them. I'm in love with striped baby legs. I have a lot of striped boy shirts and some miscellaneous baby panties or bloomers whatever you want to call them so I decided to make something of them. Here's what I did...

I started with a boy's long sleeved shirt (size 9 months) and baby girl panties or bloomers, whatever you wanna call them. (size 6-9 months)


I cut the sleeves off the shirt right along the top seams.


Then I pinned the sleeves to the bloomer's leg openings, lining right side seam of the sleeve to right side seam of the crouch of the bloomers (this is very hard to explain).


Then I just stitched along the elastic of the bloomers and VIOLA! Totally cute (and easy) leggings!






Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

13 comments:

  1. what a great idea! I love the re-use of old things to make new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thinking and adorable combo! Im so going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. I like the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I am very new at sewing but am interested in learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cute! looks easy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....your so freakin cool. I love this idea. I have a 6 month old who is so big that Im not short on clothes for her. We are having both summer and fall days here in NJ and I have tons of those bloomer things. I also have onesies...and I love mixed matched stuff on babies. Woohoo your a fabulous frugal Mommy. Thanks so much for this awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are darling! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, cute! How did you see pants out of a boy's shirt?? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's such a good idea, they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS Hope you found your bumbo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just tooooo cute to mention!!!

    Lulu

    ReplyDelete