Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Easiest cake I ever made
Somebody sniffed me out.
This cake was FANTASTIC. It seriously takes 5 minutes to throw together but it comes out so fancy and delicious. Thanks Laura for sharing this wonderful recipe!
Go make this cake, eat it, then make another one for a fancy occasion.
* 3/4 cups of butter
* 1 1/2 cups of sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 1/2 cups of flour
* 1 Tbsp sugar
* 3/4 cup of SLICED almonds
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* Melt butter.
* Pour melted butter in a bowl and stir in sugar. Stir it.
* Add eggs.
* Stir till creamy.
* Add all other ingredients (but not the topping ingredients!).
* Grease bottom and sides of pan. I used a 9 inch pan- springform might work best.
* Spread the batter in the pan.
* Sprinkle the almonds over the top then sprinkle on the sugar.
* Bake for 40 mins.