Monday, September 20, 2010

Cheese Fondue Recipe


This is freaking delicious. I don't know what else to say about it. It tastes just like the Melting Pot's. Our favorite dippers are bread (of course), apples, cauliflower, broccoli and a big ol' spoon. I'm sure you could dip just about anything in there and it would taste good.

Cheese Fondue

12 ounces beer
12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I would recommend a good quality cheese, but I have used the Acme brand bagged stuff and it was still awesome)
1/4 cup flour
1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1. Mix cheese with flour in a bowl.
2. Heat beer in fondue pot until steaming.
3. Add Worcestershire, garlic, mustard and pepper; mix well.
4. Add cheese/flour mixture and stir until melted.

6 comments:

  1. oh yum, that sounds delicious. My mouth is watering just reading the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Can't wait to make this!

    mommyoftwo247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Hope you are enjoying your new baby girl! Hey do you have a button for your blog? I'd like to add you to my button list on my blog. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try this but I don't have beer. Do you think it would be ok without? Love your blog by the way. Found you via The Girl Creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fondue! I'm going to have to try this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer

    Your really should, it's ridiculously good! (that rhymed)

    ReplyDelete