Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Slow Cooker Spicy Italian Beef

Oh. My. Goodness. I may have mentioned before that the crock pot and I don't get along, but this beef turned out so good I could slap somebody. The recipe comes from Mrs. Bettie Rocker. She knows what's up.


Slow Cooker Spicy Italian Beef
Printable Version

Ingredients
1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
1 jar (12 ounces) pepperocini (I just used the jarred hot pepper rings)
1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth
1 bottle (12 ounces) of your favorite beer
1 onion, minced
2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
Sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese
Sliced French bread or buns

Directions
1. Trim fat from beef and discard. Cut beef to fit in slow cooker if necessary, leaving in as many large pieces as possible.

2. Drain pepperocini and add to slow cooker with broth, beer, onion and herbs. Do not stir. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.

3. Remove beef from cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded beef to cooking liquid and stir. Serve on bread topped with cheese. Put juices in a bowl and dip!

p.s. I stuck the sandwich under the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese and get it nice and toasty.

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

3 comments:

  1. That looks very good, but the phrase "so good I could slap somebody" is even better :-) I wish I were at your house for dinner tonight!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great - I will make it ASAP! Oh, and I have a couple other crock pot recipes that I think you might like. Ones that don't taste like mush mush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this receipe from my daughter last week except no beer; dump in pepperocinis + their juice. I fixed it last night; toasted each sandwich in the toaster oven for just a few minutes to melt cheese and it received rave reviewsl Served perrerocinis and broth on side. After toasting, drizzled creaming Italian salad dressing on top and it was wonderful addition of moisture.

    ReplyDelete