Monday, March 14, 2011

Sausage, Kale & Potato Soup (Zuppa Toscana)

I have made this a few times and my family devours it. It is super delicious. My favorite soup ever (so far).  I discovered a similar dish here and have changed it a bit to make it less creamy and more...I don't know....brothy (that's a word right?)

Zuppa Toscana

Ingredients:
3 cans (14oz. each) Chicken Broth
1 Cup Milk
1/2 stick of Butter (melted)
Red Pepper Flakes (To Taste)
Pepper (To Taste)
1 small Onion, diced, sauteed or 1 Tablespoon minced onion
4-5 cups Chopped Kale
3 - 4 Potatoes Scrubbed And Cut Into Slices Or Small Chunks (Skins Left On) (I usually use baby yukon golds)
1 pound Mild Italian Sausage (just brown and chop up like you would ground beef)

Directions:
Put everything except for potatoes together in a large crockpot and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Add potatoes the last hour (if you add them too soon they will get soggy).

Printable Version

5 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! If i didn't live in dorm and eat in a cafeteria this would be my supper tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I remember the college diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love you! I have my own version too. Mmmm olive garden. Anyhoo, I had to comment because I had never thought of using the crock-pot for this. I have italian sausage in my freezer. I'm trying this out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete