Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chewy Lime Sugar Cookies


I know I haven't been around lately but I have a 2 year old an 11 week old and our house is on the market soooo yeah, that's my excuse.

These cookies are really lovely. I'm lucky I didn't eat all of the batter before I baked them though. The batter was ridiculously yummy. I found the recipe here and I didn't change a thing.

Chewy Lime Sugar Cookies

Ingredients
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of one large lime, finely minced
3 tbsp lime juice
½ cup unsweetened toasted coconut
1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.
5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.
6. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
8. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

4 comments:

  1. ooooooo!! Can't wait to make these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will be the latest rage, I'm sure! You always find the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nom nom nom nom nom. want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally just made these. Wonderful stuff! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete