Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Critter Cushions

I really love making new things out of old. These are some little cushions I made a little while back out of vintage bits and pieces, like old pillow fabrics, children's clothing, etc. I painted the animals on with 3-dimensional fabric paint. If you've never tried it, puffy fabric paint is pretty darn fun. This would be a fun project for kids too because they could do the painting and then you could cut around it, sew it and stuff it - or let your kids do that too!





17 comments:

  1. You're so creative! Can you start teaching classes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. It's great! I love that 'becky bag' too.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAD to blog about these little guys...please check out your feature here:

    http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/

    Such a great idea!? Great for gifts...feel free to snag my "I was featured" button for your blog! Hope to see you again soon!

    Ginger
    http://appleseed-gifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! So cute. Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday party if you would like to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so sweet and whimsical...I like them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable.

    Thank you for linking this up to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I love my critter pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm featuring this in today's creative wrap up at Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slick paint and Puff paint are my new obsessions. I used it for adding detail to a mod-podge canvas project and it totally added that spark it needed.

    These pillows are so cute and so simple. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft On Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those are so adorable. Very creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOOO Adorable!!! Very creative indeed!

    ReplyDelete