My son turned 4 so of course there was a dinosaur party...
I made 4 boxed cakes and stacked them and cut them to look like a volcano, putting a layer of icing in between each cake. Then I iced the heck out of it with chocolate icing and stuck crumbled oreos to the side to look like rocks. The top is drizzled with Hershey's syrup, I used jellybeans for Dino eggs and then just stuck in some dollar store dinosaurs. Really pretty easy, just MEEESSY.
I kept it REAL simple...
Dino Claws = Bugles
Dino Tongues = Red Licorice
Dino Bones = Cheetos
Dino Eyeballs = Mini powdered donuts with a brown M&M in the middle
Pinata, dinosaur egg hunt and water balloon fight
Dinosaur Egg Recipe:
I think I tripled this because I wanted a lot. I didn't use the sand, I just added more salt and flour.
- 1 1/4 cups dirt
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 3/4 cups salt
- 1/2 cup sand
- Plastic Dinosaurs (dollar store)
- Mix together dirt, flour, salt and sand.
- Slowly stir in water to create a dough, clay-like texture
- Mold the dough around one of the plastic dinosaurs
- let the eggs dry thoroughly out in the sun. This may take all day or several days depending on the weather.
I cut out dinosaur footprints out of green poster board and laid them on the sidewalk leading up to the house. Very fun.
Masks I got here (very inexpensive)
My design that I printed them on a sheet of sticker paper and cut them out.