Friday, March 18, 2011

Glasses Cozy

My new glasses inspired me to make this and I thought since it was really easy I would tell you how to make this.

Cut two pieces of felt, 6 1/2 inches wide (my case is pretty snug so if your glasses are large you may want to increase the size. ) One color for the inside and one for the outside of the case. I rounded the corners with a spool of thread - not necessary but I like the rounded edge look.
 
Cut out some leafy felt shapes and arrange them on the right side of the outer square, keeping in mind the square will be folded to create the case so the leaf design must fit on just the one half. After you arrange them in a way that makes you happy, glue them on with fabric glue. When the glue dries give each leaf a couple hand stitches.


Lay the outer square on top of the inner square and sew close to the edge all the way around, then fold the whole thing in half, right sides together, making sure your leaf design is where you want it to be and sew down the side and bottom of the case, leaving a nice size gap at the top to slide your glasses in.

Turn it right side out and you're done! Easy peasy.



10 comments:

  1. there's so many great variations that are possible with this!

    :)
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Jess! I love the leafy clustery thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, super cute! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fun! Great tutorila too. Thank for linking to my party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up at Olivia Renn! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this project! It could be used for so many things! i.e. iPhone/Pod case...Going to buy felt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute,cute, cute...and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a wonderful project, I am so making one of these.. or two!

    ReplyDelete