For Poppies at Play Craft Contest...
Everyone loves food right? This bread is simple to bake but really, really yummy and makes a nice presentation. You could include the recipe on a cute recipe card tied with a bow around the bread. Sweet.
Braided Sweet Bread
Makes 2 loaves
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1 package dry yeast
4 tablespoons margarine, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 1/2 cups flour (use more to knead)
1 beaten egg
1. Mix together water, warm milk, and yeast.
2. Add melted margarine, sugar, salt and flour.
3. Knead dough, place in bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. Divide dough into 6 parts.
5. Shape dough into 6 long pieces (length of baking sheet).
6. On baking sheet, braid 3 of the pieces together like you would hair, then braid remaining 3 pieces together.
7. Cover and let raise 1 more hour.
8. Brush beaten egg on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.