Thursday, April 1, 2010

Recipe Thursday - Mini Ricotta Cakes with Lemon Glaze


I found the mini ricotta cake recipe on this blog and immediately knew I had to try it! (especially since I accidentally bought a huge tub of Ricotta cheese instead of sour cream). I changed it slightly to suit my taste (mainly added more salt cause that's how I roll) and they turned out so light and fluffy and moist and num-yum-yum. I thought they would be great with a lemon glaze so I added that to the recipe. Boy was I right, cause as my son would say, mmmm-licious!

Mini Ricotta Cakes with Lemon Glaze

Makes 2 dozen.

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. ricotta cheese
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease two baking sheets (or line with parchment).
Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Beat butter and granulated sugar together until blended. Add ricotta, egg, and vanilla and beat until blended. On low speed, add flour mixture. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake until golden brown around the edges, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for a few minutes then dip the tops in glaze and let it roll oh so wonderfully down the sides!

Lemon Glaze

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 lemon, zested
(If your glaze is too thick you can add a little milk until it's the consistency you like)

Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in small bowl and stir until smooth.
Dip tops of cakes in glaze and let it slowly spread down the sides. Glaze will harden.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

8 comments:

  1. Oh DELIGHTful. This will go on my recipe list for sure.

    AND hey I do a recipe Thursday TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, those are good. My mother's friend used to make ricotta cakes and I remember they were a revelation to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these sound WONDERFUL!!!

    Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Can't wait to try this. Found you on New Friend Friday. Count me as a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... I think I'll be baking for tomorrow at brunch!! Thanks for sharing that terrific recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made some lemon ricotta blackberry muffins last night and they were amazing! I am a new fan of adding ricotta to desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM IN LOVE! Seriously, maybe it's the fact that I'm italian and drool at the sight of cheese and baked treats in one or your beautiful photography but this is a beautiful thing, lady! Stumbled across your site through a linky party and am your newest follower.

    Liz at Simple Nests {simplenests.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete