Friday, April 9, 2010

Recipe Friday - Low Calorie Choc. Chip Cookies


I adapted this recipe from one I found online somewhere. These cookies have like half the calories of regular chocolate chippies without using sugar substitutes. Oh and they taste great!

Low Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookies (49 Calories per serving)

* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons margarine
* 5 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup light brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 2 tablespoons skim milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips (the last few times I made these I added a whole cup cause my hubby likes more)

1. Beat margarine, yogurt, sugars, corn starch, applesauce, milk and vanilla until well mixed.
2. Then add flour and baking soda/powder and salt and beat until smooth - then add chocolate chips.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350°F for 6-10 minutes until lightly golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I'm going to try these. I've never seen such a recipe! They look good, though.

    ReplyDelete