I made this salad last night and it was DEEEELICIOUS. The recipe is from The Pioneer Woman (I love her). If you want very detailed step by step instructions and great pictures click on her site and follow the recipe. She'll crack you up too. I like when she says, "you might want to go easy on the hot peppers if you're of the pansy persuasion".
Oh and this recipe makes A LOT. Enough for a large family or a group of girls. (this is a PERFECT salad for a meal with your girlfriends) I made it for just my hubs and I last night and there was so much left it was ridiculous. So you might want to cut the recipe in half.
- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 1 package Linguine Noodles, Cooked, Rinsed, And Cooled
- ½ heads Sliced Napa Cabbage, Or More To Taste
- ½ heads Sliced Purple Cabbage, Or More To Taste
- ½ bags Baby Spinach, Or More To Taste
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Orange Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced
- 1 bag Bean Sprouts (also Called Mung Bean Sprouts)
- Chopped Cilantro, Up To 1 Bunch, To Taste
- 3 whole Scallions, Sliced
- 3 whole Cucumbers Peeled And Sliced
- 1 can (about 10 Oz.) Whole Cashews, Lightly Toasted In Skillet
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 8 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (up To 3 Tablespoons) Sesame Oil
- ⅓ cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 2 whole Hot Peppers Or Jalapeno's, Chopped
- Chopped Cilantro
Mix salad ingredients together. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Mix with tongs or hands and serve on a platter.
Note: dressing keeps for up to three days before serving, without cilantro.