This recipe comes from Delish.com it's sooooo good and easy to make. I really liked it because the layers came out neat and tidy and not all sloppy like my lasagna usually does. I never know what to do with italian sausage, my hubby loves it but I'm not a fan. This recipe was perfect for both of us.
Yields: 6 servings
- 3/4 pound(s) Italian pork sausage, casings removed
- 3 pound(s) zucchini, sliced lengthwise (I only used 2 zucchinis and it was fine)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- White from 1 large egg (I used the whole egg and it was fine)
- 8 ounce(s) fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 3 cup(s) jarred tomato sauce
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil leaves, torn (I left this out and didn't miss it)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Saute zucchini in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes until zucchini tender. Remove skillet from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine ricotta, egg white, mozzarella, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce on bottom of a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably cast-iron or nonstick. Top with 2 noodles, long sides touching. Spoon 1/3 each of the sausage mixture, cheese mixture, and basil leaves over noodles.
- Assemble 2 more layers, beginning with 2 noodles, then 3/4 cup of the sauce, 1/3 of the cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the basil leaves, ending top layer with the last 2 noodles.
- Spread the remaining 3/4 cup sauce over top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.