Friday, January 15, 2010

Recipe Friday: The Best Oatmeal Cookies...Ever!


These were the best cookies I've ever had. Even my hubby thought they were the greatest. (Although I had to omit the raisins in his batch.) I found a recipe I thought would be nice and then changed it up a bit. It turned out fabulous! But let me warn you, these are seriously addictive...

Soft Oatmeal Cookies

2 Cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 Cups Oats
1 1/2 Cups Raisins

I hand mixed the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until creamy and then added the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and hand mixed everything until blended. Then I folded in the oats and raisins.

(I got in the habit of hand mixing when Gideon was a newborn because I didn't want to wake him with the sound of the mixer and I discovered my cookies turned out even better.)

Drop 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes. Yum-um-my!

No comments:

Post a Comment