We're not huge beef eaters anymore but this simple recipe hit the spot one cold night. I am pretty anti-crock pot because everything I make in it tastes the same but this was an exception. It was super yummy and actually tasted kind of fancy.
This recipe comes from Taste of Home - I left out the mushrooms and subbed green peppers. I also left out the burgundy and used beef broth because I'm cheap.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, halved
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca (hint: I found this in the baking isle)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
In a slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.