Friday, December 18, 2009

Recipe Friday: Salad


I know, it's just salad, but let me tell you this baby is GOOD!

I'm not sure where I got the original recipe but I've changed it over the years to suit my taste.
I just eye ball the ingredients, the dressing amount is enough for a family, I double it for parties. You can really add anything you want, but this is my favorite combo.

Ingredients for Salad:
Lettuce (I usually use a spring mix and iceberg)
Quartered Cucumbers (I like English cucumbers)
Fresh Raspberries
Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
Sliced Almonds
2 TBSP Sugar

Dressing:
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP Cider Vinegar
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper

In a skillet on low heat cook almonds and sugar just until sugar is dissolved (careful not to burn). Let cool on wax paper or whatever really.

In salad bowl layer ingredients in order, sprinkling almonds on top. No need to toss. (you can refrigerate for up to 2 hours at this point if you want).

Just before serving pour dressing over (don't toss)

No comments:

Post a Comment